I’ve made Garlic Mayo Dips for years, each time altering the recipe slightly; and this version is by far the best I’ve ever tasted. It’s smooth, creamy and has a definite garlic kick but without being overbearing. It’s also really quick and easy to make and needs only 5 ingredients.
Serve this dip with a mound of potato wedges, cheese sandwiches, sausage rolls or pizzas at a party and I can guarantee people will be going back for seconds and thirds. Just remember, when someone comments on the dip, stay nonchalant – “Oh that? It’s just something I knocked up myself”.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- 100g of mayonnaise
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 heaped teaspoon of fresh chives, chopped
- Half a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Crush the garlic into a paste:
- Top and tail the garlic clove and remove the skin.
- Place the clove on a chopping board and lay the flat side of a knife on top. Pres the heel of your hand onto the flat knife blade to crush the garlic underneath. Be careful!
- Using the sharp edge of the blade now, chop the garlic up as small as you can.
- Using the edge of the blade, scrape the knife over the garlic, pushing down onto the board to crush it into a paste.
- Put all ingredients into a dish and mix well – that’s it!